Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I am too chicken to say on Facebook!

I need somewhere to vent my frustration with people without actually attacking them directly. I like having friends…even if they have very different political opinions than my own. One of my friends posted on facebook how she was upset because her son said President Obama was his idol. The comments that followed talk about the demacrats and their “economic redistribution.” One poster wrote:

“Drive him to the North Highlands and tell him that this is where the current administration will give all of Mommy and Daddy's money, then we will have to live here to. Then make him get out of the car and pretend to drive away. That oughta do it.”

This is the response I was too chicken to give:

"I think taking your kids to North Highlands to see were all of your money is going is a great idea. Those human beings live a pretty cush life with their shiney public schools and well maintained streets and beautiful public parks! Then, you can take them to their new, state-of-the art public school in EDH and explain to them that the money to fund their school (and brand new local public park and perfectly maintained streets) just falls from thin air. Besides, they deserve it more than those kids in North Highlands anyway!"

I am not claiming that Barack Obama has been our savior (at least not yet, some of us still have a little hope!). I do not even claim to follow it (politics) all very closely. To tell you the truth the whole situation with the constant fighting between parties just frustrates me. I have too many other things in my life to worry about (like the three year old who just woke up from nap and is4 crying on my lap!). Someday I hope I can take action on all of my very strong political opinions and not be too chicken to state what I believe.

No comments: